Today I have a guest on my podcast: Mike Ashie from Canada. We talk about tips for first-time managers.
If you haven’t watched his videos, check them out on YouTube. He has lots of great tips and as he is saying:
“I help managers to become leaders and I am doing that with no nonsense sense – if that makes sense.”
Becoming a manager can be overwhelming, especially if it comes to delegating tasks and responsibility. Therefore, check out his delegation course here.
Tips for first-time-managers
In the interview with Mike on his tips for first-time managers I asked him the following questions:
- What is the difference between a manager and a leader?
- What is most important for leaders in their first manager role?
- How can they lead with authority, but without beeing a jerk?
- What should a new leader do in the first 30 days in his or her new job?
- What are typical misconceptions first-time managers have about their new position?
- What are the 3 typical mistakes first-time leaders should avoid when starting their new position?
Listen to the podcast here: